These Terms and Conditions are intended for your safety and ease of use of our services. Please ensure they are read and understood before making a booking.
By making a booking with us, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
BOOKING, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All reservation requests are subject to confirmation. Because of our intimate size, cancellations affect us significantly.
- Full payment please, any time before 30 days of arrival.
- You can cancel your reservation free of charge until 30 days before arrival. You will be charged the total price if you cancel in the 30 days before the arrival date.
- If you don’t show up, you will be charged the total price.
- You will be charged a pre-payment of 10% of the total price at time of booking, this is refundable up until 30 days before arrival.
- We happily accept online credit/debit card payments with Visa, MasterCard and American Express, as well as direct bank deposits.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly advise you to have travel and accommodation insurance in case of untoward events.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
Your room will be ready for you by 3:00pm on the day of arrival, check-out time is 10:00am on the last day of your stay.
Flexible check-out or check-in times are possible and are dependent on other bookings – Please ask us at least the day before!
Please keep us informed as to your arrival time, especially if arriving late.
Strictly non-smoking indoors. Guests are welcome to smoke outside on your private deck; please ask us for an ashtray. We request that you do not leave any evidence of your smoking anywhere: we like to keep our countryside and waters clean.
SAFETY AND INSURANCE SUGGESTIONS
We have a large, private garden with winding trails leading down to the estuary. It is steep in parts so please take care. Like any of the facilities here (free use of kayaks, bicycles, etc) you use them ENTIRELY at your own risk. We cannot accept any responsibility if you hurt yourselves, others, or damage third party property.
Cross-trainers or sturdy shoes are strongly advised. Please ensure you have medical insurance if you’re from overseas.
Please note too that WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for your personal items – do make sure you have insurance!
We do not release or share ANY of your private details, except as may be required by law, or as in the case of someone who poses a threat to Cable Bay Nest’s interests (such as customer fraud) or whose activities may cause a danger to themselves or others.
FOR YOUR OWN COMFORT
We are located roughly 20 minutes drive from Nelson so we suggest you stock up on snacks, food, and beverages before your arrival. We recommend shopping at a locally owned small supermarket (Fresh Choice) on Collingwood Street, Nelson. They stock a good variety of locally-sourced gourmet foods as well as a comprehensive selection of both overseas and local wines and beers: https://freshchoicenelson.co.nz/
- Please note that we are NOT a “venue” for hosting meetings or parties. Please ensure that you respect the privacy and quiet of the area.
- NO children and NO pets please.
- Please leave outdoor shoes outside – you’re more than welcome to bring soft shoes or slippers for indoor wear.